Thursday, October 28, 2010

IGoogle and Google Calendar

iGoogle is an awesome interface for all the Google apps and features. I have access to my documents, calendars, rss feeds, as well as my gmail, that I linked to my buffalo account, all in one convenient place.

Google Calendar is by far my favorite Google app.  It allows to create one time events and events that repeat (such as classes).  You are also able to create different calendars such as work, school, etc.  This is nice because you can toggle between the different calendars and just helps with organization.

The best feature is how you are able to share calendars.  You can adjust your settings so that possibly other colleagues or family members can see when you are available or busy.  There is also a meeting scheduling wizard that will find common free time between all parties and create the event in the appropriate time slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment